A southern staple, buttermilk biscuits have long been one of the first items set out on a southern table. This made by hand biscuit mix will yield 1 dozen homemade tender buttery buttermilk biscuits. We are excited to offer Callie’s Buttermilk Biscuit Mix out of Charleston SC. Callie’s biscuits are hand made and created by a small team of bakers helping to keep the southern tradition of biscuit making alive. This easy to use biscuit mix and recipe can be used to recreate Callie’s legendary biscuits in the comfort of your own home. Pair it with your favorite Blue Ridge Jams fruit preserve or jelly for a delicious treat any time of the day. This is a dry biscuit mix that requires the following to yield 1 dozen buttermilk biscuits.
- 1 bag of Callie’s Biscuit Mix
- 6 Tbsp Salted Butter, divided 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese,
- 3/4 – 1 Cup Buttermilk
- Possible Variations: Black Pepper: Add 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper to dry mixture.
- Cheese: Add 1 cup grated cheese to dry mixture.
- Fruit Filled Biscuits: Layer a tsp of your favorite gourmet fruit jam in the center of your biscuits prior to cooking.